Friday, March 4, 2016

Hormone Harmony To Do for breast cancer survivors

Hormone Harmony To Do for breast cancer survivors


Know your estrogens: find out the ratio of your “good” to “bad” estrogens. Take
action to reduce undesirable estrogens:


  • Maintain estrogen-progesterone balance
  • Manage your weight and your glucose and insulin levels
  • Avoid xenoestrogens wherever possible
  • Eat lots of cruciferous vegetables, fiber, lignans, pomegranates, and fermented foods to help convert 16α-hydroxyestrone and 4-hydroxyestrone to 2- hydroxyestrone
  • Keep levels of exercise up and levels of alcohol down
  • Use targeted supplements such as calcium d-glucarate and IC3 as needed
  • Support healthy methylation with B vitamins
  • Manage aromatase conversion to estrogens with vitamin D


Last Word

I guess my “aha” moment came when I realized that what my doctor had been telling me
for years about cholesterol was also true for estrogen: it could be both good and bad. This
made immediate, intuitive sense to me, as I don’t believe nature would have us carrying
around hormones in our bodies that are there solely to make us sick. That knowledge was
remarkably empowering, because I now have a way to see exactly how my hormones are
contributing to my health picture, and know what changes I need to make if they become
unbalanced.
—Suzi G., breast cancer survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning !!!

=> Please leave a comment polite and friendly,
=> We reserve the right to delete comment spam, comments containing links, or comments that are not obscene,
Thanks for your comments courtesy :)